Pembs CAB Logo



43 Cartlett


SA61 2LH



Pembroke Dock


38 Meyrick Street

Pembroke Dock

SA72 6UT

Main Offices

Support Us

Consumer Line - 03454 04 05 06

Welsh Language - 03454 04 05 05

Mon to Fri - 9am to 5pm

socialmedia_facebook socialmedia_twitter



Universal Support Adviser


Position:                       Universal Support Adviser

Location:                      Pembrokeshire

Closing date:               8th March 2019


Role details

Job title:                       Universal Support Adviser

Location:                      Pembrokeshire

Salary:                           £17,634 (FTE)

Salary pro rata:          Yes

Hours per week:         21

Type of contract:        Fixed term

End date of contract: 31 March 2020

Closing date for applications: Midday Friday 8th March 2019

Interview date: Thursday 14th March 2019


Citizens Advice is set to deliver a new service called “Universal Support: Help to Claim” which offers support to help people make a new Universal Credit claim and be ready for when their first payment arrives.


We are looking for an adviser with good IT skills to support clients via face-to-face, telephone and webchat, to make and complete their new Universal Credit claim, as well as a commitment to the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice Service.


You’ll have the ability to interview clients using sensitive listening and questioning skills to get to the root of the issues and empower clients, whilst maintaining structure and control of meetings.


An understanding of the benefits system, Universal Credit and the impact of the changes from legacy benefits to Universal Credit would be advantageous. However, full training will be provided.


If you are interested in this vacancy please contact us for an application pack:

Email: or telephone: 01437 765245


Every local Citizens Advice is a registered charity. Different application procedures are adopted by individual local Citizens Advice. Contact the relevant one as outlined in the information about this role. You should not send an application form to national Citizens Advice.


All local Citizens Advice produce their own annual report, but you can find out more about the Citizens Advice network or download the latest national Citizens Advice annual report.